The NPPA mark of excellence is now a symbol which new parents in Ireland look for and that brands want to acquire.
Now in its tenth year, the National Parenting Product Awards (NPPA) is the only independently-tested consumer awards of products and services for young families in the Irish marketplace.
Established in recognition of the overwhelming consumer decisions new parents have to make, the NPPA aims to acknowledge, celebrate and promote the brands that parents trust most. The NPPA mark of excellence is now a symbol which new parents in Ireland look for and that brands want to acquire.
In 2022, Zahra in collaboration with our previous research partner Kantar, the National Parenting Product Awards recruited 3,073 parents of children under 3 years of age nationwide, plus 15 industry experts to test 214 products in 57 product categories and 3 service categories.
This led to 168 products being awarded with the Gold, Silver and Bronze NPPA badge of approval – making it easier for parents to buy award-winning products that’ll make life as a parent easier and keep their children safe.
Zahra is excited to be working with a new research partner – Core Research in 2023.
WELCOME TO NPPA 2023!
Message from Zahra’s Managing Director Gina Miltiadou:
Being a parent, and especially a new parent, can be quite challenging when trying to navigate through all of the amazing parenting products out there – and to find what works and what is best for your child.
Now, for the tenth year, we are pleased to help parents through this journey and bring them the best products currently on the market – all voted for by our expert panel and parents!
For nine years, we collaborated with Kantar which helped us to acknowledge, celebrate and promote the brands that parents trust most. We are excited to work with a new research partner Core Research in 2023.
With over 3,000 parents from all over Ireland participating every year, we can proudly say that the NPPA badge is considered a mark of excellence.
We will continue to empower consumers to buy the best products and services as voted for by the peer groups they trust the most – other parents.
Our mission is also to support the brands who are creating the best solutions for parents today.
214 products and services participated in NPPA 2022 with over
3,073 parents and 15 experts who voted for their favourites
NPPA X Core: What makes the NPPAs special?
We recently sat down with our new research partner Core Research, to discuss what makes the NPPAs so special. Find out about the evolution of the awards and the testing process, as well as some of the most interesting insights gained along the way.
How it works
- There are 55 categories – ranging from nursery items to baby care products and travel systems.
- Brands pay to enter their product/s or service/s for inclusion into an online survey conducted by research participants or experts.
- In previous NPPAs (pre-COVID-19), parents would have been recruited to perform a physical review of hardware products, such as travel systems, cots, and car seats; and new category items at our hall test event. However due to COVID-19 restrictions in 2020, all of the product testing and ratings were completed via an online survey sent to parents, and experts nationwide. NPPA 2023 will be the same as the last three years with product testing and rating also conducted online.
- The testing of products plus the online survey are conducted by Core Research with a statistically reliable national sample of parents with babies under 3 years of age.
- Research questions are customised by category and also include testing against a set of key criteria including quality, functionality, safety, value for money and likelihood to recommend the product.
- The winners are announced at an awards lunch in Dublin city.
- Afterwards the product winners are featured on everymum.ie and on nppa.ie.
- Research reports are made available to brands, providing valuable insights for future product development and planning.
- Promotion for winners is available in collaboration with Ireland’s most engaged parenting platform, everymum.ie.
- Cost per entry for 2023: €595 each (Price excludes VAT of 23%). Purchase the NPPA research report for €1750, or avail of our early-bird discount and book the research report before the NPPA award ceremony for only €1250.
- Entries open 27th of March 2023 and close 28th of April 2023.