Now in its seventh year, the National Parenting Product Awards (NPPA) is the only independently-tested consumer awards of products and services for young families in the Irish marketplace.
Established in recognition of the overwhelming consumer decisions new parents are having to make with the aim to acknowledge, celebrate and promote the brands that parents trust most. The NPPA mark of excellence is now a symbol which new parents in Ireland look for and that brands want to acquire.
Created by Zahra Media Group in collaboration with our research partner Kantar, the National Parenting Product Awards recruited 3,852 parents of children under 3 years of age, plus 10 industry experts in 2019 to test 181 products in 47 product categories and 20 service categories.
Each year Zahra Media Group, Ireland’s leading content marketing and publishing group for parenting audiences, compile the annual results into a digital consumer magazine called Ireland’s Best Baby Buys to help support parents looking to buy the best products and services for their young family.
Message from the Managing Director
Building trust and reassurance is key to successful marketing to parents. Which is why we are so proud of the National Parents Product Awards’ role in helping to safely guide parents through the many purchasing decisions they have to make.
Each year, our goal is to grow the NPPA’s purpose and value for consumers and brands. Last year has been our biggest yet as we took research online for the first time and enabled over 3,852 parents to take part in this study.
Supported by Kantar we are on a mission to empower consumers to buy the best products and services as voted for by the peer group they trust most – other parents.
Our mission is also to support you, the brands, who are creating the best solutions for parents today. How? By celebrating your success and recognising your quality.
Entries for NPPA 2020 are now open. Best of luck!
How it works
- There are over 60 categories – ranging from nursery items to baby care products and travel systems.
- Brands pay to enter their product/s for testing and provide samples for a physical hall test by research participants or experts.
- Parents are recruited to perform a physical review of hardware products, such as travels systems, cots, and car seats; and new category items at our hall test event.
- Parents are recruited to complete a survey on the most effective baby care items including nappies, creams, sleep aids.
- Experts examine ALL entered products at the physical hall test.
- The testing of products plus the online survey are conducted by Kantar with a statistically reliable national sample of parents with babies under 3 years old.
- Research questions are customised by category and also include testing against a set of key criteria including quality, functionality, safety, value for money and likelihood to recommend the product.
- The winners are announced at an awards lunch in Dublin city. Afterwards all products are featured in the digital magazine Ireland’s Best Baby Buys and on nppa.ie.
- Research reports are made available to brands, providing valuable insights for future product development and planning.
- Promotion for winners is available in collaboration with Ireland’s most engaged parenting platform, everymum.ie.
- Cost per entry: €550 each (Price excludes VAT of 23%). Click here to enter NPPA 2020.